Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thoughts and links after the recent Massachusetts election

First, I have to say that a lot of liberals seem upset over Coakley's loss to Brown. Frankly, given Coakley's poor record on civil liberties (including her despicable behavior handling the Amirault situation) I can't find myself getting worked out over the matter. Two pieces I recommend on the matter: My twin has a piece at the Huffington Post talking about lessons the Democrats should take away from this election. Ed Brayton has a piece up talking about what this says about Coakley and the Democrats chances for their legislative agenda. Brayton makes the point that the Democrats still have strong majorities in both the House and Senate. So if they can't push through their agenda then it is hard to explain it as anything other than general incompetence.

No comments: